Monday, May 21, 2012

Schools Handbook

Out of all the rules in the current Sand Creek Jr.Sr. High school handbook I would want to change the rule stating: "Students who fail to keep electronic devices off and out of sight between 7:55 a.m. and 2:50 p.m. will have the item confiscated."  The 1st time is a warning but the 2nd time an electronic device is taken away you get suspended, does that seem fair?  I believe that we should be able to have cell phones out at lunch and in between classes.  I think it would make kids less tempted to text in class thus less people are in trouble.  All phones would have to be on silent and out of sight during class though.  That is what I would change. I believe many students would agree with me on this rule.  I do not believe that teachers and administers would agree though because they would think it would be more of a disruption than it is now.

If I could add a rule to the handbook I would add the rule that every grade gets to go to cedar point during the year to bond with their classmates and so all grades would think spirit wars were not rigged.  And for spirit wars they reward could be something else, like a trip to Toledo Zoo!  There would not be any ramifications that would occur with this rule except people would have to pitch money in to go to cedar point if the class funds cannot support it.  If kids do not chose to go to Cedar Point they still have to come to school.  I believe the staff and administration would agree with me because someone would have to supervise and they love Cedar Point too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment